Internship: Coordinator, Digital Marketing
As part of the « Compétences numériques pour les jeunes » Program, coordinated by Communautique,
MUTEK is looking for a position to fill.
MUTEK is looking for a passionate individual to assist with managing our online platforms, both for the
festival and the professional market (MUTEK Forum): social networks, newsletters, and the website. You
should be organized, versatile, autonomous, and curious. You will take an active part in promotion and
communication related to the festival and its partnering events in an open, flexible, and stimulating work
> Note that the internship includes a series of training, coordinated by Communautique.
MUTEK will be applying to fund this position through the Compétences numériques pour les jeunes (CNJ)
program. To comply with the criteria of this program you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship.
- Have completed post-secondary studies.
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or have been granted refugee status.
- You may not receive Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship.
- You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you are employed below your level of education
or in a part-time position.
- You may not have previously undertaken an internship as part of the DS4Y program as part of the
Career Focus initiative.
Under the supervision of the Communications-Marketing team, you will work closely with the Digital Marketing Strategist. You will take part in meetings and will receive support in learning and mastering online tools and platforms. You will also have the chance to discover how an internationally renowned festival is organized, planned, and delivered.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and share media archives from previous editions of the festival, including videos, photos,
and podcasts of performances from Edition 21.
- Compile information and keep up-to-date with technological trends, innovations in digital creation,
and local and international music industry news.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy alongside the communications team, using
platforms and social networks that are essential for MUTEK visibility: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,
LinkedIn, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Pinterest. Follow, adapt, and respect publication schedules,
write publications in French and English, suggest and prepare content.
- Publish online content on the website: transfer information from MUTEK’s archives into the new
website CMS launched in July 2020. Create partner events, publish news online, and adapt media
content (audio, video, and photos).
- Post-secondary diploma.
- Fluency in either English or French and working knowledge of the other language.
- Familiarity with and interest in social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube,
SoundCloud, Spotify, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Initial experience of working with online content management or website, CMS, or blog
administration will be considered an asset.
Knowledge or experience of the music industry (specifically electronic music), digital art, and audiovisual
performances will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite and creative graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
and editing software (Premiere, Final Cut) will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Meet the requirements of the CNJ program.
Start date: Tuesday, September 27, 2020
End of contract: March 31, 2021
Schedule: 30 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before October 13 at midnight.
Interviews will take place between October 14 and October 16, via video call.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.