Job Offer: Digital Platform Assistant
As part of the « Compétences numériques pour les jeunes » Program, coordinated by Communautique, MUTEK is looking for a position to fill.
MUTEK is looking for a passionate individual to contribute to the development of our new virtual platform of the festival virtual.mutek.org (reports preparation, data management, social networking strategies and connection to our website, among others). Organized, versatile, autonomous and curious, you will participate in our latest special project in a new stage of the organization, in an open, flexible and stimulating work environment.
> Note that the internship includes a series of training, coordinated by Communautique.
MUTEK will be applying to fund this position through the Compétences numériques pour les jeunes (CNJ) program. To comply with the criteria of this program you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship.
- Have completed post-secondary studies.
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or have been granted refugee status. ● You may not receive Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship
- You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you are employed below your level of education or in a part-time position.
- You may not have previously undertaken an internship as part of the DS4Y program as part of the Career Focus initiative.
Under the supervision of MUTEK's Director of Partnerships and Special Projects, the Digital Platform Assistant participates in work meetings and will receive support in learning and mastering the tools around the virtual.mutek.org platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discover how an internationally renowned festival is organized, planned, and delivered.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage content for the development of digital partnerships: benchmarking, marketing research, creative ideas (in collaboration with the communications team and the international MUTEK network).
- Monitoring the development of the virtual.mutek.org platform : coordination with the platform's web studio and the web agency of the MUTEK website for Montreal and the cities of the network.
- Platform content management for the different editions of MUTEK: Montreal, Mexico City, Tokyo, Barcelona
- Compile information and keep up-to-date with technological trends, innovations in digital creation, and local and international music industry news.
- Post-secondary diploma.
- Fluency in either English or French and working knowledge of the other language.
- Familiarity with and interest in social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Initial experience of working with online content management or website, CMS, or blog administration will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge or experience of the music industry (specifically electronic music), digital art, and audiovisual performances will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite and creative graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and editing software (Premiere, Final Cut).
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Meet the requirements of the CNJ program.
Start date: As soon as possible
End of contract: March 31, 2021
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 6 at midnight.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.