Job Offer: Community and Digital Content Manager
The applicant must be eligible for the Emploi-Québec wage subsidy. Please get your letter of eligibility from your local employment center (CLE) before applying.
MUTEK is looking for a passionate individual to assist the communications department in managing its multiple online platforms for MUTEK Festival and its professional component MUTEK Forum: social networks, website and various online project management tools. Candidates should be organized, versatile, autonomous and curious. They will actively take part in the organization of the festival, in a flexible and stimulating work environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communications and Marketing team, the incumbent works in tandem with the Digital Marketing and Communication Manager. They are expected to attend production meetings and will receive support to learn and master tools and web platforms. The person will also have the opportunity to discover how an international festival works and take part in the stages of its deployment. More specifically:
- Develop and apply social media strategies: In collaboration with the communication team, deploy efforts on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, SoundCloud and Pinterest):
- write French and/or English language copy,
- track, adapt and respect scheduled publications,
- research and provide relevant content.
- Create and update content for the website: Artist biographies, festival events, programming, news and current events, partner events, mentions and partner logos to be included in MUTEK’s CMS.
- Perform strategic intelligence by keeping watch of new technology trends, digital creativity innovations and local and international music and tech industry news.
- Propose editorial content – News, releases, text, audio and video about festival artists and Forum speakers.
- Degree in Communication, Digital Media or Journalism
- Proficiency in English or French (written and spoken), and knowledge of the other. Good writing skills.
- Knowledge and interest in social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, LinkedIn.
- Knowledge in graphic editing software from the Adobe suite (mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and if possible InDesign and Premiere)
- Familiarity with collaborative working tools: Slack, Google Drive (Google doc and Google Sheets), Hootsuite.
- Asset: Previous experience in managing online content, website administration, CMS or blog.
- At ease with the specific rhythm of a festival and flexible to unexpected situations.
- Autonomy, while having a collaborative team spirit.
- Familiarity, strong interest or previous experience in the music industry, digital art or A/V performance
Conditions and duration:
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 30 weeks
Schedule: 35 hours a week - flexible, with increased availability as the festival approaches (August 24 to September 5)
Employees must provide their personal laptop
Hourly rate: $17/hour
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and confirm in your letter that you meet the Emploi-Québec program conditions. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Photo Credit: Ouri at MUTEK Edition 21 by Myriam Ménard