MUTEK Montréal 2022: Call for proposals
Deadline | February 15 2022
The call for proposals is now open for the 23rd edition of the MUTEK Festival, which will take place in Montréal from August 23 to 28, 2022.
With the intent to continue gender parity and inclusiveness initiatives, in particular with Amplify D.A.I and Keychange projects, this call also specifically encourages submissions from women, non-binary, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and disabled artists.
Nevertheless, please note that this call applies ONLY to Canadians at home and abroad, but also welcomes submissions from foreign artists residing in Canada. International submissions will not be considered here.
The kinds of work we are especially interested in are:
- Live, original, and predominantly electronic music performances.
- Live audiovisual performances featuring innovative use of digital imagery and sound.
- Performances or installations created with AIs.
- Installations (kinetic, robotics, interactive or digital) for a gallery space or in the festival’s various venues.
- Projection works (mapping or video installations).
- Virtual, augmented, or mixed reality works whose themes and artistic treatment are close to the MUTEK universe.
- Native digital works that are suited for online distribution: videos, interactive web works, games, web VR, etc.
- Any projects that push boundaries and challenge conventions in the digital creation sphere, or offer a pioneering concept as part of online distribution.
MUTEK is dedicated to presenting live performances; DJ mixes will not be considered.
We strongly encourage applicants to accompany their submissions with audio and video documentation of their projects. The submission deadline for all MUTEK 2022 proposals is February 15 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact MUTEK Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, for reasons pertaining to equity, you wish to submit your proposal in an alternate format, please contact us in order to make arrangements.
Find a selection of the highlights from our previous edition and discover the diversity of the projects presented, with our MUTEK 2021 best-of video:
Photo: Sahar Homami (IR/QC+DE) — fanaa. © Alexis Bellavance