MUTEK’s AR Challenge in Montreal: what will you create?
We’re excited to announce that MUTEK has partnered with Albedo Informatics, creators of the ARt@LARGE app, to give our Montreal audience a preview of what an early stage Augmented Reality festival experience could look like. Festival-goers can enhance their experience by generating and sharing their own AR creations, while exploring festival content and gaining access to official MUTEK t-shirts and Full Passports for our 2021 edition.
How it works:
- Download the LARGE app (free for iOS and Android devices) and create your account
- Your screen acts as a portal - explore the space around you to engage with festival programming and content
- Find the Pins (‘AR POPS’) within a 10km range in Montreal. Click on each catch to unlock content
- Participate in the #MUTEKxLARGE Challenge and make your own designs
- Explore our custom MUTEK assets gallery and create your own 3D pin
- Screen capture your photo or video to share your creation
- Upload photos on videos as Instagram posts or stories, without forgetting to tag @MUTEKMontreal
- Always include #MUTEKxLARGE & #ARtatLARGE
- The most creative content wins! Our jury will announce announce the winner on the week of September 21st via MUTEK’s social media channels
- No purchase is necessary to enter!
MUTEK Forum’s focus this year includes the XR Salon, a navigation into key innovations, insights and implications of creative XR technology. We are excited to welcome Albedo Informatics COO/Producer Arthur Yeung as one of our speakers in the What AR Can Do for Cultural Institutions and Mediation panel, a conversation around Augmented Reality (AR) as a core rising resource for art institutions and events. Arthur heads the ARt@LARGE project, developing AR tools and strategies for national cultural and civic organisations.
The XR Salon is an arena of conversation and experimentation. We call on you and your explorer state of mind to join us as we test and tweak this very first MUTEK Festival AR playground!
Join, explore and get creative with #MUTEKxLARGE