Job Offer: Online Festival Experience Coordinator
MUTEK is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination and development of digital creativity in sound, music, and audio-visual art. Its mandate is to provide a platform for the most original and visionary artists currently working in their fields, with the intent of providing an outlet of initiation and discovery for the audiences we seek to develop. In 2020, MUTEK distinguished itself by winning the prestigious Grand Prix du Conseil des Arts de Montréal, a recognition earned thanks to innovative and diversified programming as well as a commitment to parity and inclusion. After 20 years of existence, the festival's pioneering mandate has matured, and its commitment to the perpetual mutations and variations of contemporary digital creativity remains, with eyes and ears always focused on the future.
We are looking for a passionate individual to facilitate and support the festival experience for the virtual component of MUTEK. Candidates should be organized, versatile, good communicators, autonomous and curious. They will actively take part in the organization of the festival in an open-office, flexible and stimulating work environment.
The MUTEK 2021 Festival will take place in a hybrid format, featuring both in-person and virtual events. The virtual part of the Festival will take place on virtual.mutek.org, a custom-made immersive platform. The virtual component of the Forum will take place on the Swapcard conference and networking platform. The Online Festival Experience Manager will benefit from an overarching view of the Festival and the Forum, helping ensure a positive experience for the virtual audience on both platforms.
Under the supervision of MUTEK's Marketing Communications team, the Online Festival Experience Manager works alongside the Virtual Platform Coordinator and the Partnerships and Digital Director.
They will participate in work meetings, and be accompanied in learning and mastering the tools and web platforms. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discover how a major international festival works, the stages of its deployment and its inner workings.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Make the online festival experience as fluid, intuitive, interactive and enjoyable as possible: understand the user's journey, propose solutions to clarify navigation, review FAQs
- Become a resource-person on the functioning and content of the MUTEK 2021 Festival and Forum: assimilate information on the programming, the proceedings, and the work of the different departments
- Answer festival-goers' questions (Forum and Festival): Dispatch requests from firstname.lastname@example.org to the different departments, answer questions asked in the chats
- Support the moderation of the chatrooms: Management and preparation of editorial content on the program and the artists, help the coordination of the moderation team, answer the moderation team's questions
- Customer service (phone line and emails email@example.com)
- Production of a post-mortem at the end of the mandate
- Degree in communication studies or similar
- Proficiency and good writing skills in English and French. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of online user experience (UX)
- Knowledge of and interest in the festival world and online experiences
- Knowledge of collaborative work tools: Slack, Google Drive (Google doc and Google Sheets), Asana
- First experience in customer service or website, CMS or blog administration an asset
- Comfortable with the pace of work in the event industry and agility in the face of the unexpected
- Autonomy while being a collaborative team player
- Knowledge, experience or keen interest in the music industry (electronic music more specifically), digital art and audiovisual performances, an asset
- Contractual position
- Duration of the mandate: from August 2, 2021 to September 5, 2021 distributed as follows
- Part-time: August 2 to August 22
- Full time (event period with increased availability): August 23 to September 5
- Compensation: $2,000
- Equipment required: must have own laptop computer.
- Position based in Montreal (telecommuting during the Covid-19 pandemic);
- Flexible availability during the festival (evenings and weekends)
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 26, 2021 (midnight). Interviews will be held on July 28 and 29. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Photo Credit: Laced by Bruno Destombes