Job offer: Digital Content Coordination
We are looking for someone passionate about electronic music and digital art to participate in the management of the digital platforms of the MUTEK festival and its professional market, MUTEK Forum, which will take place from August, 24 to September 5 2021, in hybrid format, online and in venues in Montreal.
The MUTEK team works in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where everyone's voice is heard and appreciated. The successful candidate will work with the Digital Marketing and Communication Manager and the Community Manager, within the communications- marketing team. What we are looking for as a priority is a sense of responsibility and organization, initiative and curiosity! The person will have the opportunity to discover how a major international festival works, the stages of its deployment and its inner workings. The position is offered by teleworking or face-to-face according to the regulations in force on the dates concerned.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage and update the content of the mutek.org and montreal.mutek.org websites as well as the virtual.mutek.org streaming platform through our CMS;
- Produce or adapt visual elements to illustrate online content;
- Create program grids, satellite events and informative pages (about, values, code of conduct, FAQ, ...) on the website ;
- Adapt news and current activities ;
- Manage the media content provided (photos, videos, recordings, ...);
- Ensure that the mentions and partner logos are properly associated with each artist, speaker, work, performance and activity;
- Search for editorial content: text, audio and video, on Festival artists and Forum speakers;
- Monitor by staying abreast of technological trends, innovations in digital creativity and news from the local and international music industry and digital art.
- Graduate in communication, digital media or journalism
- Fluency in English or French (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in graphic editing software from the Adobe suite (mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and if possible InDesign and Premiere)
- Knowledge of collaborative work tools: Slack, Google Drive (Google Doc and Google Sheet)
- A first experience in online content management, website administration, a CMS or a blog is an asset
- Strong interest in electronic music and digital art
- Comfortable with a sustained work rate specific to events and agility in the face of the unforeseen, Autonomous while having a team spirit, demonstrating rigour and attention to detail
- The candidate must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs grant and meet the following conditions:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 inclusively at the start of the job
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee
- Foreign students are not eligible
- Salary: $17/h
- Duration of the mandate: 280 hours from July 12 to September 5, 2021, on an average basis of 35 hours/week. Flexible contract dates up to 2 weeks.
- Required equipment: a laptop
- Position based in Montreal (remotely in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic);
To apply :
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 13, 2021.
Please indicate the job title for which you are submitting your application in the subject line of the email. Only selected candidates will be contacted.