Job Offer: Content Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for electronic music and digital art enthusiast to manage, to create and distribute MUTEK's digital content on the Festival and Forum platforms and in partner networks.
Note that the internship includes a series of training, coordinated by Communautique.
IMPORTANT NOTE: MUTEK will be applying to fund this position through the Compétences numériques pour les jeunes (CNJ) program. To comply with the criteria of this program you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship.
- Have completed post-secondary studies.
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or have been granted refugee status.
- You may not receive Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship.
- You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you are employed below your level of education or in a part-time position.
- You may not have previously undertaken an internship as part of the DS4Y program as part of the Career Focus initiative.
Consideration will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and official language minorities.
The selected intern cannot be a member of the immediate family of the organization staff: immediate family means father, mother, stepfather, stepmother, foster family, brother, sister, spouse or common-law partner, child (including common-law child), stepchild, ward, stepfather, stepmother, or any relative permanently residing with the organization members, as applicable.
The CNJ internship cannot be completed as part of the course of study.
Reporting to the Communications and Digital Marketing Manager, the Content Marketing Coordinator will participate in working meetings and will be supported in learning about the content strategy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discover how an international festival works, the stages of its deployment and life after the event.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the content strategy of the Festival and Forum to make MUTEK visible all year-round,
- Manage and update the content of the mutek.org and montreal.mutek.org websites as well as the virtual.mutek.org broadcast platform through our CMS,
- Create, edit, adapt visual elements or videos,
- Manage the video and audio archives of the Festival and the Forum on Soundcloud, Youtube and other social networks (IGTV, LinkedIn, etc.),
- Monitor by staying abreast of technological trends, innovations in digital creativity and news from the local and international music industry and digital art.
- Post-secondary diploma,
- Proficiency in at least one of the two languages, English or French (written and spoken) and knowledge of the second,
- Knowledge or interest in social media,
- A first experience in online content management, website administration, CMS or blog is an asset,
- Knowledge or experience in the music industry (electronic music more specifically), digital art and audiovisual performances are an asset,
- Knowledge of Google Suite, graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and editing software (Premiere, Final Cut),
- Autonomy while being a collaborative team player,
- Meet the requirements of the CNJ program.
Start date: August 9, 2021
End of contract: March 15, 2022
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17
Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on July 30.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.