Job Offer: Community Manager
The applicant must be eligible for the Emploi-Québec wage subsidy. Please get your letter of eligibility from your local employment center (CLE) before applying.
MUTEK is looking for a passionate individual to assist the communications department in managing its multiple online platforms for MUTEK Festival and its professional component MUTEK Forum: social networks, website, and various online project management tools. Candidates should be organized, versatile, autonomous, and curious. They will actively take part in the organization of the festival, in a flexible and stimulating work environment.
Attention will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of groups considered as minorities, including women, non-binary people, Black, Indigenous, racialized minorities, and/or LGBTQIA2+ communities, and/or persons with disabilities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communications and Marketing team, the incumbent works in tandem with the Digital Marketing and Communication Manager. They are expected to attend production meetings and will receive support to learn and master tools and web platforms. The person will also have the opportunity to discover how an international festival works and take part in the stages of its deployment. More specifically:
- Develop the social media strategy and its execution, on the essential platforms for the festival's visibility In collaboration with the communication team, mainly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, SoundCloud and Pinterest:
- Create, follow, adapt and respect posting schedules, write posts in French and English, propose relevant content and formats;
- Animate and build community loyalty (answering questions, creating exchanges), monitor MUTEK's online presence, and implement strategies to increase the number of positive reviews;
- Moderate comments and ensure compliance with ethical rules;
- Uploading and editing videos on video platforms (YouTube, Vimeo...) and podcasts, playlists on audio platforms (SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Spotify...);
- Establish a connection with the MUTEK network to coordinate collaborative strategies.
- Create graphic elements to accompany the digital communication and the declinations of the global campaign (in connection with the Design Studio), editing of video capsules;
- Design and coordinate digital marketing campaigns (organic and online advertising, including A/B testing) for the MUTEK Festival and Forum (audience acquisition, ticket and pass sales, content distribution, traffic generation)
- Follow-up on the integration of measurement tags (Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Adwords Tag, UTM);
- Ensure the analysis of the impact of the actions implemented: analyze dashboards and data, monitor, optimize and generate reports on the key performance indicators (KPI) of organic and advertising actions;
- Ensure a digital watch, identify trends for the acquisition and retention of online customers and participate in the optimization of the growth marketing strategy by staying abreast of technologies;
- Ensure technology and competitive intelligence to identify new features and implement them on our platforms;
- Produce a post mortem at the end of the mandate
Comfortable working remotely
Degree in communications, digital media, or journalism
Proficiency in at least one of these two languages: English or French (written and spoken), and good knowledge of the other language. Good writing skills.
Knowledge and interest in social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, LinkedIn, Tiktok; if possible, experience in online advertising management (Facebook Ads Manager)
Familiarity with collaborative working tools: Slack, Google Drive (Google doc and Google Sheets), Hootsuite, and editing tools such as the Adobe suite.
Comfortable with the pace of work in the event industry and agility in the face of the unexpected.
Self-starter while being a collaborative team player
Knowledge, experience, or keen interest in the music industry (electronic music more specifically), digital art, and audio-visual performances are an asset.
Conditions and duration:
Period: January 31 - August 28, 2022
Duration: 30 weeks (with the possibility of extension in September)
Schedule: 35 hours a week - flexible, with increased availability as the festival approaches (August 23 to 28)
Employees must provide their personal laptop, ideally with Adobe suite installed
Hourly rate: $17/hour
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and confirm in your letter that you meet the Emploi-Québec program conditions. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Photo Credit: Debbie Doe at MUTEK Edition 22 by Frederique-Ménard-Aubin