Internship: Digital and Partnership Assistant
As part of the « Compétences numériques pour les jeunes » Program, coordinated by Communautique, MUTEK is looking for a position to fill.
We are looking for a passionate individual to contribute to the development of our evolving digital ecosystem, including our new virtual.mutek.org platform (reports preparation, data management, social media and website strategies, digital partnerships, among others). Organized, versatile, autonomous and curious, you will participate in our latest special project in a new phase of the organization, in an open, flexible and stimulating work environment.
> Note that the internship includes a series of training, coordinated by Communautique.
MUTEK will be applying to fund this position through the Compétences numériques pour les jeunes (CNJ) program. To comply with the criteria of this program you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship.
- Have completed post-secondary studies.
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or have been granted refugee status.
- You may not receive Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship.
- You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you are employed below your level of education or in a part-time position.
- You may not have previously undertaken an internship as part of the DS4Y program as part of the Career Focus initiative.
- Consideration will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and official language minorities.
- The selected intern cannot be a member of the immediate family of the organization staff: immediate family means father, mother, stepfather, stepmother, foster family, brother, sister, spouse or common-law partner, child (including common-law child), stepchild, ward, stepfather, stepmother, or any relative permanently residing with the organization members, as applicable.
- The CNJ internship cannot be completed as part of the course of study.
Under the supervision of MUTEK's Digital and Partnerships Director, the Digital and Partnerships Assistant will participate in work meetings and will be accompanied in learning and mastering the tools and the virtual.mutek.org platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discover how an internationally renowned festival is organized, planned, and delivered.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support for the development of digital partnerships: benchmarking, marketing research, creative ideas (in collaboration with the communications team and the MUTEK international network).
- Development of the virtual.mutek.org platform and the mutek.org website: coordination with the platform's web studio and the MUTEK website agency for Montreal and the cities in the MUTEK network.
- Management of the content of the platforms for the different editions of MUTEK: Montreal, Mexico, Tokyo and other collaborations to be defined.
- Keeping a strategic watch on technological trends, innovations in digital creativity and news from the local and international music industry.
- Post-secondary diploma.
- Fluency in either English or French and working knowledge of the other language.
- Familiarity with and interest in social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- Initial experience of working with online content management or website, CMS, or blog administration will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge or experience of the music industry (specifically electronic music), digital art, and audiovisual performances will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite and creative graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and editing software (Premiere, Final Cut).
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Meet the requirements of the CNJ program.
Start date: August 9, 2021 (or before)
End of contract: March 15, 2022
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17 minimum
Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on July 23. Interviews will take place between July 26 and July 30 via video call. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Photo credit: GGROUNDD by Myriam Menard