Internship Offer: Sustainability Project Manager
MUTEK is an international festival of digital creativity and electronic music. The 22nd edition of the Festival will be held from August 24 to 29, 2021 in a hybrid format, in Montreal and online. MUTEK has been committed for more than 10 years to reducing its ecological impact and wishes to go even further this year.
We are looking for a passionate person, sensitive to ecological and sustainable development
concerns, with an interest in event planning. The person occupying the position of sustainability project manager will help in the development, implementation, and
monitoring of actions, in collaboration with the internal contact person. He/She/They will
work with the different departments and discover the inner workings of a festival of
international stature. The position is open-ended and adapts to the profile and aptitudes of
the trainee, in order to optimize his/her/their experience and added value for the
organization. MUTEK works in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where everyone's
voice is heard and appreciated. The internship will take place in accordance with
government regulations, in the office and/or teleworking.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the application of ecological policy in various departments: communication, production, reception, etc.
- Monitor performance indicators linked to set objectives, collect related data: waste, energy impact, recycling, etc.
- Develop and monitor partnerships with suppliers and specialized and certified organizations: caterer, local transport, printer
- Prepare content for dedicated communications
- Produce a report on the actions taken
- Monitor good practices and trends
- Be enrolled in a study program in ecology and/or sustainable development
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the issues of ecology in events
- Be autonomous while having a collaborative team spirit
- Demonstrate rigour in accomplishing missions and taking initiatives is encouraged
- Fluency in French or English (written and spoken)
Duration and Conditions:
Period: 140h from June to August or 240h from May to August
Hours: 15h week (to be specified according to the duration of the course)
Required equipment: a laptop
Allowances: reimbursement of credits as well as per diem for the week of the event
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before April 30, 2021. Please indicate the job title for which you are submitting your application in the subject line of the email. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Photo Credit: Bruno Destombes