MUTEK Forum Programming Coordinator
MUTEK is a non-profit organization dedicated to the diffusion, promotion, production, and development of emerging forms of digital creativity and electronic music. Its main activity is the annual presentation of the MUTEK Festival and its Professional Forum held in Montréal in August, while the rest of the year is led by various occasional activities. Driven by humanist values such as equity, equality, and inclusion, MUTEK is committed to supporting and promoting the diversity of creative expression in its industry.
Reporting to the Strategic Development Director, the person responsible for coordinating the programming of MUTEK Forum, the daytime component of the 23rd edition of the MUTEK Festival to be held from August 23 to 28, 2022, acts as a pivotal position between the various departments. He/She/They work·s closely with the Forum's programming committee, the communications team and the operations/hospitality team to ensure the management of elements directly related to the implementation of activities and the participation of Forum speakers.
We are looking for an organized, versatile, autonomous, and meticulous person who demonstrates an appreciation for the exciting field of digital arts and creative industries and electronic music. He/She/They will actively take part in the organization of the Forum, in a flexible and stimulating work environment.
Attention will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of groups considered as minorities, including women, non-binary people, Black, Indigenous, racialized minorities, and/or LGBTQIA2+ communities, and/or persons with disabilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
Before and after the event
- Participation in all stages of the Forum's speaker booking process: drafting and signing of contracts, management of databases and other documents, budgetary follow-up of fees, etc.
- Participation in weekly MUTEK Forum meetings
- Liaising with speakers as their main point of contact
- Follow-up and update of databases and other documents (Zone Festival, management tools)
- Drafting of contracts and follow-up on signatures with Forum speakers
- Liaison with the hosting team for the management of transportation and accommodation of speakers outside Quebec
- Administrative management: data entry for the follow-up of invoices for speakers and each department
- Compilation of useful information (images, audio, videos, useful links, press kits, etc.) for promotion on our various platforms (web, database, print, etc.) for each speaker of the 2022 edition of MUTEK Forum
- Review of speaker biographies and descriptions of Forum activities
- Continuous verification of online content to ensure accuracy
- Contribute to the uploading of content and the correction of errors
- In collaboration with the production and operations team, write the welcome guide (virtual and in-person) for speakers
- Produce a post-mortem at the end of the mandate
During the event
- On-site and online participation in the production of the Forum's activities
- Preparation of content for display during the conferences (slides, signage, presentation texts, posters, etc.)
- Design and preparation of tracking tables as needed (e.g., Google Doc spreadsheet)
- Active participation in coordination and production meetings
- Collecting logistical data on guests' stay (if applicable) as well as on their technical needs during the festival
- Daily update and validation of speaker and partner information (photos, logo, links) in the follow-up document shared within the team; if necessary, direct validation with the partners involved.
- The person must possess excellent writing and verbal abilities in French, and very good skills in English
- Organization and attention to detail
- Rigour, reliability and sense of responsibility for the work delivered
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility, good management of priorities
- Strength to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work with databases (we use Zone Festival) and ease in using collaborative work tools (Google Doc, Google Sheet, Slack, Trello, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Office suite
- Experience in the event industry (festivals) is an asset
The applicant must be eligible for the Emploi-Québec wage subsidy. Please get your letter of eligibility from your local employment center (CLE) before applying
Conditions and duration:
Start Date: April 25, 2022 (the employee needs to be located in Montréal; in the context of Covid-19 we aim for a mixed model of working from our office and from home)
Duration: 30 weeks (end of the contract on November 20, 2022)
Schedule: 35 hours a week - flexible, with increased availability as the festival approaches (August 23–28, 2022)
Employees must dispose of their personal laptop
Hourly rate: $20/hour
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 24, at midnight, and confirm in your letter that you meet the Emploi-Québec program conditions. Only selected candidates will be contacted.