Associate Digital and Community Manager
As part of the « Compétences numériques pour les jeunes » Program, coordinated by Communautique, MUTEK is looking for a position to fill.
MUTEK is looking for a passionate individual to contribute to the digital management of the MUTEK festival and its professional component MUTEK Forum: social networks, campaigns and various online advertising management tools. Organized, versatile, autonomous and curious, he/she will actively contribute to the organization of the festival remotely and/or in an open, flexible and stimulating office environment.
> Note that the internship includes a series of training, coordinated by Communautique.
MUTEK will be applying to fund this position through the Compétences numériques pour les jeunes (CNJ) program. To comply with the criteria of this program you must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship.
• Have completed post-secondary studies.
• Be legally allowed to work in Canada.
• Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident or have been granted refugee status.
• You may not receive Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship.
• You must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you are employed below your level of education or in a part-time position.
• You may not have previously undertaken an internship as part of the DS4Y program as part of the Career Focus initiative.
Reporting to MUTEK's Communications and Marketing team, the Digital and Online Communities Assistant will participate in working meetings and be accompanied in learning and familiarizing themselves with MUTEK's web tools and platforms. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discover how a world-class festival works, the steps involved in its deployment and its inner workings.
Attention will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of groups considered as minorities, including women, non-binary people, Black, Indigenous, racialized minorities and/or LGBTQIA2+ communities and/or persons with disabilities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in the execution of the social media content and advertising strategy, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, SoundCloud, Pinterest and Tik Tok ;
- Participate in the collection of the impact of the actions implemented: data collection, help generate reports on the key performance indicators (KPI) of organic actions;
- Identify trends for the acquisition and retention of online customers and participate in the optimization of the growth marketing strategy by staying abreast of technologies;
- Ensure technological and competitive intelligence to identify new functionalities and implement them on our platforms
- Post-secondary degree in communications, digital media or journalism
- Fluency in French (written and spoken) and good knowledge of English
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge and interest in social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, LinkedIn, Tik Tok
- Knowledge of collaborative work tools such as Slack, Google Drive (Google doc and Google Sheets), Trello or Hootsuite and graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and editing software (Premiere, Final Cut...)
- Knowledge, experience or keen interest in the music industry (electronic music more specifically), digital art and audiovisual performances are an asset
- Autonomy while being a collaborative team player
- Meet the requirements of the CNJ program
Start date: Monday, May 2, 2022
Duration: 6 months
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Hourly rate: $17
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before April 25th at midnight.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.